“SHAKARQAND (SWEET POTATO) KHEER”
- Milk – 1 liter
- Shakarqand – 750 gms or you say 3 pao
- Cardamom ( crushed ) – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar (basically it depends on the sweetness of shakarqand, because it varies at time) – add according to taste.
- Grinded rice – ½ cup (just soak the rice in water and grind them before adding)
- Almonds, pista and coconut powder for garnish
- Saffron leaves a pinch
- Also you can add cream in last when cooking for rich and creamy taste.
Boil the shakarqand in water, remove skin and mash it nicely.
In a pan put milk, cardamom, sugar and grinded rice and bring it to boil.
After 1st boil, lower down the flame and add the mashed shakarqand.
Cook it on a low flame until color changes and it thickens.
Keep stirring in intervals.
When it thickens, add cream, saffron to your choice.
Mix it uniformly. Finally, your SHAKARQAND KHEER is ready!
Pour the kheer in a stylish serving bowl and let it cool down.
Garnish with coconut powder, almonds and pista for an attractive look!
Note: you may have to use a grinder or hand blender if the sweet potato has too many fibers (means reshey wali)